Saturday, September 5, 2026

4000 and counting...


Enfield High School in Enfield, CT, may look like any suburban high school in this country, but for me it's a very special one because they just booked Too Many Ghosts, making it my 4000th production.

When I hit 3000, I set of goal of reaching the next milestone in eighteen months. Well, I didn't quite make it, but I'm still very happy because I fell short by only a little bit.

Meanwhile, my bookings continue to accelerate. Here's the breakdown of how long it took me to reach each plateau:

0 to 1000: 92 months

1000 to 2000: 50 months

2000 to 3000: 28 months

3000 to 4000: 21 months

But that's not the thing I'm celebrating these days. Watertown High School in Watertown, SD, recently booked the 1000th production of The Enchanted Bookshop.

That's right. Even though I have 38 published plays, that one play accounts for 25% of my productions. And after nine years, The Enchanted Bookshop remains as strong as ever, having already booked 73 productions for the school year that just began.

I may be getting old, but it seems that all those classic literary characters like Dorothy Gale, Tom Sawyer, and Robin Hood never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment