Monday, December 11, 2017

The Enchanted Bookshop in living color


I've said it before, but I love seeing photos of my productions, especially when they're my first glimpse of a new play. The Enchanted Bookshop came out in August and it's already been produced twenty-some times, but it wasn't until the Fort Worth Academy of Fort Worth, TX posted pictures of their show that I got to see what it looks like on a real-live stage.


The school did a fantastic job with the set. And the costumes are simple yet detailed enough to let the audience instantly know who's who.


I was especially gratified to read by a comment by one of the audience members, who said she enjoyed the show but felt a visceral reaction when the bad guys tore pages out of the books.

That was exactly my feeling when I wrote the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment