Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A look back at 2014

I think it's important at the end of each year to review your accomplishments over the previous twelve months. Not only does it tell you how far you've come, but it shows areas where you you've fallen short so that you can redirect your course in the coming year.

In a nutshell, 2014 was my best year to date. Here are some of the things that made it so:
  • Made a record 230 submissions.
  • Received a record 50 productions through my publisher, including a healthy 24 productions for The Butler Did It! in its first year of release.
  • Received a record 17 productions from my own submissions, most of which were for You're Driving Me Crazy. Not bad for a series of plays written for teenage actors.
  • Had the world premieres of my short plays You're Driving Me Crazy #2, You're Driving Me Crazy #3, You're Driving Me Crazy #4 and Table for Three.
  • Achieved one long-time dream by working with a local high school to develop and premiere one of my full-length plays, Million Dollar Meatballs. This was by far the most satisfying--and educational--experience of the year.
  • Had my Australia and UK premieres.
  • Reached 42 in the number of states where I've had productions. Come on, Delaware, Georgia, West Virginia, New Mexico, Kansas, New Jersey, Alaska and Hawaii!
  • Saw local productions of The Butler Did It!, You're Driving Me Crazy #2 and Table for Three.
  • Won my first national award, the 2014 Beverly Hills Theatre Guild Play Competition for Youth Theatre, for Rumpelstiltskin, Private Eye.
  • And, just before the end of the year, Pioneer Drama Service released Rumpelstiltskin, Private Eye, my fourth published play (learn more about this in a coming post).
Will 2015 be even better? I hope so. And I've got some concrete goals to help that. See my post tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment