Thursday, February 14, 2013

The best way to learn


They say the best way to learn something is to teach it. If that's the case, then I'm about to learn a whole lot about playwriting because I'll be leading a workshop on it at the Pikes Peak Writers Conference.

I attended the conference a couple times back in the early aughts when I was trying to break into middle-grade novels (Edison Young and the Ravenous Robosaur is still looking for a publisher, by the way). I thought it was a wonderful conference, filled with knowledgeable instructors and friendly, enthusiastic writers, so I'm honored to be a part of it this year.

I also appreciate the fact that they're in inviting me to speak about playwriting, they're willing to step outside their traditional focus on novels.

The conference runs from Thursday, April 18 to Sunday, April 21, with my hour-long workshop being held on Sunday morning. If you're going to be there, please stop by and say hi.

Better yet, sit in on the workshop. I guarantee we'll have a great ime.

No comments:

Post a Comment