Friday, April 1, 2016

All the news that's fit to print


I just got some very good news. Three more schools have booked productions of my plays. But these aren't just any schools. They're old friends: all three of them have performed my plays before.

One was a middle school in TN that performed Long Tall Lester in 2012 and is now doing Rumpelstiltskin, Private Eye. The third is a high school in KY that performed The Butler Did It! in 2014 and is now doing Million Dollar Meatballs. The third is a junior high in TX that performed The _urloined Letter in December and is now doing Million Dollar Meatballs.

As word gets out about my plays, I'm seeing more and more of this, and it occurred to me that some directors might like to know when I've released a new play.

That's why I've decided to launch a quarterly newsletter, which I've titled The Playful Playwright. It'll be chock full of things that will help you, the drama teacher or community theatre director. Yes, it'll have news on my latest releases, but it'll also include free script offers, costume and set ideas, writing tips and, what may be the most exciting, world premiere opportunities.

How do you sign up? I'm glad you asked! Just look for the SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER box in the upper right corner of this blog and enter your email address. No names, no phone numbers, no credit card numbers, no shoe sizes. Just one little old email address. Simple!

Look for the first issue to come out later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment