Monday, April 8, 2013

Everything in its season



Besides my regular theatre reviews for the Colorado Springs Independent, I also write the occasional blog post for them. These usually cover small but interesting news items in the local theatre community.

I especially enjoy commenting on season announcements. This helps build excitement for the coming season and allows me to give my take on the theatrical offerings.

Without further ado then, here's the start of my post on the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center's 2013-2014 season:
I would guess that most of the 30-plus people who gathered in the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center's SaGaJi Theater on Wednesday wondered at first who that stranger was greeting us from the stage. It was none other than Producing Artistic Director Scott RC Levy himself, almost unrecognizable without his trademark goatee. Turns out he shaved it off for his official local acting debut as Man in Chair in the upcoming production of The Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, the sacrifices we make for the theater.
To continue reading, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment